1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newbie Information Please!

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by Bradford Blade, Aug 28, 2004.

1. Bradford Blade

Bradford Blade

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +717
    :thumbsup: Hi Peeps,

Please forgive my ignorance, but I'm COMPLETELY new to this Sky+ thing. Well, I've had the frequent opportunity to help others via this great forum over the months, mainly as regards the Panny PD30 calibration et al, so now it's my turn to beg some of you experienced pundits for your kind assitance.

:lease: Can anyone fill me in as to the general pros 'n' cons of Sky+ which I've just ordered and is due to be installed this coming Friday morning. Moreover, I'd like to know some of the specs of the Sky+ box (connectivity etc - BTW my kit is listed below) especially if anyone knows of a site or PDF download that can actually show me the rear of the box; tips in getting best PQ out of it; setting it up with a few other TV's in the house etc., etc.

Please accept my thanks in advance for any responses :smashin:

All the best,

LAGAVULIN

2. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    Plusworld is a pretty good resource website for SKY+ and it has some links you might find useful.

Hummers Site has plenty of pictures including a good HD upgrade guide.

There are a few posters here that distribute the SKY+ output through out their homes, I'll leave it to them to explain the specifics:)

3. Bradford Blade

Bradford Blade

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +717
    :thumbsup: Cheers Starburst,

Some good info there, but if anyone has more, please feel free to add your contribution! The more the merrier :D

Regards,

LAGAVULIN