1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newbie In Need Of Help And Guidance!

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Nexus21, Jun 17, 2004.

1. Nexus21

Nexus21

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    :) Hi, I have just come into posession of my first AV Receiver ( Sherwood RV-4080R) its only Dolby Pro Logic and Dolby 3 but it only cost me £20 and i'm looking at it being my first step into Surround Sound/Home Cinema. I have been looking around at Speaker packages, the Eltax Alpha 5.1 and Eltax Spectrum packages from Richersounds appear to be good buy's for someone on a small budget. Can anyone advise me if the above are worth while purchase or should I be looking elsewhere?
    Any help and recommendations would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

2. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    If your amp is pro logic only it may well not have a dedicated sub pre out. Make sure that if that is the case that whatever subwoofer you buy can be connected at speaker level.

The speaker packages that you mentioned are sold by Richer Sounds at £50 and £80 and at those prices will provide value for money at extreme budget prices but won't be hifi.

3. Dfour

Dfour

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +85
    How much money do you want to spend at a max?? When we know we can look for better packages for you. :devil:

4. Nexus21

Nexus21

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Hi, there is an output on the rear of the Receiver for a Subwoofer. My speaker budget is a modest £150 and I will be using the set up for Movies and Xbox not Hi Fi.

5. Nexus21

Nexus21

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    :) I forgot to add that I have a pair of Eltax Monitor 3 Speakers kicking about, would I be able to incorperate these into the set up?