Newbie Here!!

L

Lex01

Greetings people!

Will very much appreciate a little help or advice...

I have recently bought the Jamo DVR50 (with A305 speakers) and am just wondering about the quality of connections. At current I'm using the bog-standard scart supplied to connect it to my TV (Sony 32FQ80 - has 2 RGB scart, 2 normal scart, S-video, phono). I am also using the speaker cables supplied with the Jamo system to connect the surround speakers.

There, enough of that...!

Just wanted to know if the cable supplied is any good and if I should invest in some new ones, if so, which one? Not too pricey I hope. Also, Is it worth buying a good quality RGB scart as the picture quality seems to be pretty good (my opinion).

Last note, is there no way of getting DD5.1 out from my digital NTL box?

Many many thanks in advance...

Well, I took the plunge and went off and bought some cables to test out:

I bought a £2.49/m QED speaker cable from Richer Sounds, a Cambridge RGB scart (£19.99) and a normal Cambridge scart (£9.99).

Firstly, I didn't notice any difference when swapping the above scarts for the one given in the Jamo system and NTL box. What should I be looking out for? The quality of the picture seems to be good regardless of which scart I use.

Secondly, I replaced the cable provided by Jamo to one of the rear speakers. The QED cable was a lot thicker so the end that went into the DVR50 hat to be trimmed so as to get the wire into the socket. The end that went into the speaker seemed ok and needed no trimming.
The sound seemed to be slightly louder (with the QED cable) than compared to the standard cable provided by Jamo. It probably was my brain wanting to think the QED was better because I thought music sounded clearer, but there really wasn't much in it. One thing however, using the QED produced a high frequency noise, which listening from close to the speaker could be annoying.

Conclusion: well, being such a novice at this I really couldn't tell the difference!

Thanks,

Who/where do you recommend if not Richer Sounds?

The NTL box it outputed to RGB. Will look into that speaker cable again.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom