Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Newbie here - New installation Friday - Denon Amp/JM Lab speakers

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by skelly13, Oct 28, 2003.

Tags:
  1. skelly13

skelly13

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

I'm new to this forum.
    This coming Friday I'm having an amp/speakers installed, I'm excited like a little kid at Christmas :D
    The amp is Denon 1804, with JM Labs Sib/Cub speaker system.
    I'm sure I'd be very lucky if I found someone else here with the exact same set-up, but if anyone has either of these it would be great to hear your thoughts, and also advice on how to get the best out of them.
    Naturally I'm hoping for positive vibes here, it's my first dabble in a "proper" sound system, but I guess constructive criticism is welcome too (Noooooooo :( )

cheers in advance
    Steve

2. perrdl

perrdl
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello, welcome to AVFORUMS!

I have the Denon 1803, which I think is very good, I would imagine that the 1804 would be even better.

As for the speakers, I demoed these when I was shopping for speakers, and found them to be very good. And for £599.99, which they retail at now, they are a bargain!!! I found them to be much better than the MK1 Kef Eggs, I have not heard the MK2 eggs so I can not comment.

Overall, you should have a great system there. When it's up and running post some thoughts!

3. skelly13

skelly13

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Will do. Cheers Daz.
    Bit gutted about the price of the speakers, paid a bit more than £600, but then the guys are delivering and installing the system, and supplying all leads etc. i know they wont be the best connectors money can buy but it should be a bloody good start! And always a nice easy thing to upgrade.

Steve

4. Gatekeeper

Gatekeeper

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi skelly
    i am interested in your set up. your speakers and amp are at the top of my list so i would like to know how you get on
    happy viewing :)

5. skelly13

skelly13

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    being installed tomorrow ( :clap: :D ) so will let you know for sure, need a few beers to be able to get to sleep tonight!

Steve

6. Gatekeeper

Gatekeeper

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  7. Smurfin

Smurfin
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,354
    His absence means he's drooling at the sound.....;)

Wonder how many DVDs he's watched so far:D

8. skelly13

skelly13

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    droolin's right!!!!
    Cant stop playing the 1st scene from Shaving Ryan's Privates, I mean Saving Private Ryan!
    Absolutely amazing, totally blown away, and it only gets better after it's worn in by all accounts.
    Honestly, gobsmacked.
    Can do nothing but recommend this combo, obviously cant guarantee your room set-up compared to mine but still, cant see anyone going far wrong with this little beaut!

Going back for more!!

Steve

9. Gatekeeper

Gatekeeper

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    realy glad to hear you happy with your system.:) may i ask what size is your room ? also have you played any music through your system

10. skelly13

skelly13

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    the room's about 16' x 11', the listening areas about 11' square.
    music sounds great, different types of music sometimes need different sounds settings for me to enjoy, but listen to most music with the "Dolby Surround Music" setting, and I'm very very pleased with it indeedy.