• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Newbie help............

StevePn

Established Member
Hi:hiya:

I have a Dell 1720 and thinking of getting a Samsung NC10.
Just a couple of questions.

1) Can i copy some of my DVD collection and put them on either computer's hard drive to watch. I assume you must have to convert them into smaller files. If so what programe can i use and is it a downloadable freebee?

2) Can i use the DVD drive from the Dell to copy software etc and put onto the Samsung with linking the 2 computers together, as the Samsung doesn't have a optical drive. Or do you copy and save the software to a dongle on the Dell and then install it to the Samsung?
:lease: Any advise most welcome.
Steve

StevePn

Established Member
Think i found out i can "Rip" the DVD's to the hard drive.
But they will still be quite large files. :thumbsup:
What format would be the best to compress them to, and is this done after they are copied or at the same time. Again any ideas on which programme most welcome.:confused:
Also do i have to download a programme enabling me to watch them.:confused:
Sorry if i have used the wrong terminology, bit a newbie when it comes to these things.:suicide:
Steve

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom