1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newbie help with Panny E65 setup

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by bunter12345, Jan 2, 2005.

1. bunter12345

bunter12345
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi there, apologies if this has been asked before but I have searched this forum and the rest of the web but can't seem to find a definitive answer.

At the moment I have a Pace Sky+ box connected to my TV via scart (TV Out Scart on Sky+ to Scart 1 on TV) this is set to output RGB and the quality is pretty good.

My initial thought was that I would purchase the Panny E65 and just connect the VCR out scart from the Sky+ box to the AV in on the E65 and then the AV out to my TV's scart 2. However, from what I can gather this isnt recommended as the VCR scart on Sky+ does not output RGB.

As I can see it then my only option would be to use the TV Scart from Sky+ to feed the E65, this would give better quality recordings but viewing sky and sky+ would be inferior.

I saw mention of connecting the Sky+ TV out to the E65 and then to the TV and not having a direct feed from Sky to the TV but I wasn't quite sure how this would affect my setup. At the moment when I turn on either sky+ or my dvd player, the tv automatically switches to the correct AV input and also the correct ratio. Would this still happen if the sky+ box was routed through the dvd recorder to the tv. If not, how would I change between watching sky output or a dvd - manually I presume?

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Regards
    Bunter12345

2. dekoded

dekoded

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
    I think the E65 will 'pass through' the rgb picture to your tv.

3. dekoded

dekoded

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
    I had a similar cabling problem, I wanted to keep the best possible picture (rgb in my case) to the tv at all times so I 'daisy chained' all my kit together:
    http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=175034

Both the dvd recorder and the dvd player pass through the rgb signal and switch between 16:9 and 4:3, which meant I didn't have to buy an rgb scart switcher.

4. jem

jem

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    No problem connecting through the E65. If your E65 is off, Sky+ will behave in just the same way it does now and will automatically switch AV channel and aspect ratio. However if you have the E65 on and want to watch Sky, make sure you select AV2 on the E65 to allow the signal to pass through.

Connections should be

Sky+ TV out to E65 AV2
    E65 AV1 to TV AV1

On the E65 make sure AV1 and AV2 are set to RGB and that the AV2 connection is set to Normal. I'm assuming you already have Sky+ set to RGB.