1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newbie Help, Replacing my 8 year old VHSC camera,MV500i or JVC GR-DVL367

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by ABP, Aug 27, 2002.

1. ABP

ABP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Please can any one help me? I need a replacement video camera for my 8-year-old JVC VHS-C camera. I have been looking at the various models available and am now more confused as ever. I want a simple to use camera that will give decent results for the wife and me. It will be used for parties and filming the kid etc (No movies planed at this stage). I have been advised to get a camera with DV input so I can edit if I ever want to. I am confused as some cameras also have a USB interface what is this used for?
    I think I have narrowed it down to 2 models Canon MV500I or JVC GR-DVL367 (around £500). Please can you advise on these two or suggest any others. I also chose the JVC due to it having a video lamp, my old camera was so equipped and I found I used this for indoor shots, is this still a useful facility or can I look elsewhere.
    Thanks in advance,
    Adrian

2. gringottsdirect

gringottsdirect

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Depending on model USB is used for transfer of stills / or small MPEG movies ( USB Streaming ).
    The Canon and JVC are both good cameras, sounds like the GR-DVL367EK is right for your purpose.