Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Newbie help please

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by ducati996, Dec 28, 2002.

1. ducati996

ducati996

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello!

Father Xmas kindly brought me a Pioneer DV-350 M/region DVD which I have hooked up to my ageing JVC stereo amp.

I'm using it for playing audio CD's as well as dvd playback through some Mission 700? speakers.

The whole lot is connected via the Sky Tv to a Toshiba Pro Logic Tv which is approx 5 years old.

My question is really what sort of amp should I plump for in the region of £150 max (thinking of a 5.1 amp or similar) & secondly has anyone any advice for long term plans of fine tuning this set up?

Thanks in advance:p

Ducati996

2. alextgreen

alextgreen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Save an extra 50 quid for a Cheap Marantz/Yamaha/Sony. If £150 is absolute max then see what Richer Sounds have on offer (or go secondhand).

3. ducati996

ducati996

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the help alextgreen, I'll have a look & see what Richer Sounds have on Sale at the moment.:)

Regards ducati996

4. sc1977

sc1977

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    there is a cheap pioneer vsx 709 rds here on the forums it has dd 5.1 and dts my friend has got one and its not a bad little amp the guy wants 150 for it could be worth a look
    i used to have a vsx eo3 witch is the same model without dts and a radio and that wasnt bad either

the amp is on page 3 of the classifieds and the seller is david.2081:D

5. ducati996

ducati996

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks sc1977, I'll have a look at the Pioneer amp & see what its specs are.

Regards ducati996