Question Newbie help please

weaz1981

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I recently invested in a Samsung Q80T and got rid of my receiver and speakers set up due to having a new baby in the house.

Our living room is quite a wide rectangle with the TV along one of the long sides.

Like many, I'm bamboozled by the array of choice but also with the lack of being able to filter on the features I am looking for.

Basically I want to future proof with eARC, a subwoofer isn't preferable as the dogs hated my old one but if I can shove it at the back of the room wirelessly, then that would be okay. I'd like the sound to be fairly wide given the shape of the room so dolby atmos isn't a deal breaker (budget probably won't allow it either) and finally I'd like it to have a decent night setting as that's the biggest issue with the TV speakers for when the wee guy goes to his bed.

Budget £300 if I can get a decent interest only credit deal or £250 max cash.

Hope that's enough for some decent advice?

Thanks

Hi,

I recently invested in a Samsung Q80T and got rid of my receiver and speakers set up due to having a new baby in the house.

Our living room is quite a wide rectangle with the TV along one of the long sides.

Like many, I'm bamboozled by the array of choice but also with the lack of being able to filter on the features I am looking for.

Basically I want to future proof with eARC, a subwoofer isn't preferable as the dogs hated my old one but if I can shove it at the back of the room wirelessly, then that would be okay. I'd like the sound to be fairly wide given the shape of the room so dolby atmos isn't a deal breaker (budget probably won't allow it either) and finally I'd like it to have a decent night setting as that's the biggest issue with the TV speakers for when the wee guy goes to his bed.

Budget £300 if I can get a decent interest only credit deal or £250 max cash.

Hope that's enough for some decent advice?

Thanks
check out Yamaha solid reliable proven technology, good all rounders

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom