Newbie help - game off the screen

• Thread starter rhigos commando
  • Start date
R

rhigos commando

Hello all

Please can some one help me...

I was given a ps3 for christmas, unfortunatly my thomson ambilight (32" lcd) does not include a hdmi port only a DVI input.

So I have configured the PS3 to output video via the hdmi (HDMI to DVI converter) and the audio by the component output.

All seems fine, but on a couple of games like the new drake's fortune game... the screen is off to one side so i'm missing about an inch of the screen (to the right). The strange thing is that it does not do it on all games.

Does any one have any idea on what causes this and how to fix it.

Thank you in advance.

canarianfrank

Standard Member
Hello all

Please can some one help me...

I was given a ps3 for christmas, unfortunatly my thomson ambilight (32" lcd) does not include a hdmi port only a DVI input.

So I have configured the PS3 to output video via the hdmi (HDMI to DVI converter) and the audio by the component output.

All seems fine, but on a couple of games like the new drake's fortune game... the screen is off to one side so i'm missing about an inch of the screen (to the right). The strange thing is that it does not do it on all games.

Does any one have any idea on what causes this and how to fix it.

Thank you in advance.

Happens sometimes - most games have a settings function where you can adjust the screen....width and height... - I have to do it for Warhawk!

R

rhigos commando

I've looked in the display settings for the game, but there does not seem to be anything obvious there to manipulate the screen?

Thanks

R

rhigos commando

Don't panick

Finally got to the bottom of it, when using to 700 odd resolution there was an option on the tv remote to drag the screen around. bit of a pain as you have do do it every time. But the game looks amazing.

Thanks for your help.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom