Newbie help (complete novice)

makey

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi guys
about to take plunge and get a pj and electric screen
i have a sony 50" lcd rear pro at moment but now going to get plasma for wall with pj for films footy etc
can anyone give me a few answers and info on this
1.the distance from wall to where i can put pj is 3 meters whats the biggest screen i can get
2. how do you fit it , does the screen go first then mount the pj on ceiling or other way (any guides would be grateful
3.is it better to connect all equipment to amp ie cable box ,xbox360,wii,media box,dvd player so they are only two cables going to pj ie hmdi,components cable
4.what is best pj to get (budget is 700 for pj and screen )
5.is it better getting it professional fitted or is it easy
6.to get pix to screen and tv how would that be done
thank guys any info would be great

Hi guys

1.the distance from wall to where i can put pj is 3 meters whats the biggest screen i can get
2. how do you fit it , does the screen go first then mount the pj on ceiling or other way (any guides would be grateful
3.is it better to connect all equipment to amp ie cable box ,xbox360,wii,media box,dvd player so they are only two cables going to pj ie hmdi,components cable
4.what is best pj to get (budget is 700 for pj and screen )
5.is it better getting it professional fitted or is it easy
6.to get pix to screen and tv how would that be done
thank guys any info would be great

Hi,

I will try to answer some of your questions. My best advice would be to hang around for a while a read the different posts in the forums.

#1) Screen width depends on your seating position. Divide the distance from your seat to the screen by 1.5-1.8 and you will have the width of the screen from big to a bit smaller and for the 16:9 format
#2) Depends on the flexibility you have in mounting the projector and the screen and if you go for a fixed screen or not and what type of projector you go for and.... Usually you mount the projector first and then the screen
#3) Better are less cables but then your components must support the cable type, e.g. if you had 4 components and all HDMI for video you would need a AV receiver with 4 HDMI inputs and 1 output to avoid plug/unplug all the time and the required components inputs.
#4) The best pj/screen is the one that fits your purpose. Read the posts in here, read reviews in magazines, get advice in a trusted shop and built your opinion.
#5) If you feel comfortable in DYI stuff like drilling, screwing, measuring it will be easy, if you call a professional to change a light bulb you should not do it yourself because you will call a professional later anyway :hiya:
#6) Usually via your AV receiver

Hope this helps as a first step

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom