1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newbie Help - Amp connections

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by deans, Oct 25, 2004.

1. deans

deans

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've just bought some home cinema kit to go with my panasonic Viera Plasma, and having spend half of yesterday trying to set it all up, i'm almost there!, just have a couple of questions to check i'm not cocking it all up and not making the most of what i have:

The amp is the Yamaha DSP750AX
    DVD is the Yamaha (cant remember model number)

I bought Component cables which I have connected from TV straight to DVD
    DVD to amp is connected by digital optical cable.

the questions are

1) how should i connect TV to AMP to play TV sound through the amp?. there are audio out leads on the TV, I have a pair of these, but where do they go into the AMP?, Phono / Video in / Digital TV???

2) I keep reading about running the component cables from AMP to TV, the shop advised DVD to TV with optical from amp to DVD, is this right?

Many thanks in advance for your help (and reading my longwinded rambling)

Dean

2. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    All of the audio inputs on the back of the amp will be identical (except phono if fitted) therefore it doesn't matter which one you use although TV would seem to be the obvious choice.

The less interuptions in the signal path the better so components leads running directly from the dvd player to the screen will always be preferable to running them via an amplifier although this isn't always possible.

3. deans

deans

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Ian :thumbsup: