1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newbie H30A Owner

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by turk182, Jun 24, 2005.

1. turk182

turk182
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hello

Just bought This cracking piece of kit. After seeing a work mate AE500, This was my intro into projector technology,Talk About WoW Factor :D

So here I am three weeks later with my own Projector, The H30a :thumbsup:

But I have a couple of newbie Questions,

In Most mag reviews of the ThemeScene would write About the Eco Mode to extend the bulb life is this in User Controls or is it pre setup?

the other question I have is, that the projector plugged into Sky with a 6M Vga Cable, with the provided adaptors ie Scart rgb and dvi to d-sub.
    But the picture is very unstable, in that it would be fine for one scene, but the next would have two or three lines across the screen, plus the picture would be totally uneven from top to bottom.
    In the user Manual the troubleshooting, refers me to Phase and frequency Within the Signal sub menu. One small problem I do not have this option with in the Image menu.
    What am i doing wrong :lease: Help me, I am using Analog Rgb so i should see the Signal option
    Prob easy to sort out, but beyond my newbie Skills :)

Sorry if posted before, but its really do`in me headin :suicide:

2. bikerjodie

bikerjodie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    I'm inpressed that you're new to the projector world and got your H30a to work at all, i've just purchased the same projector and can't get a picture... you could possibly help me!!!
    You've used the vga to scart supplied connection... where did you put this (dvd)?
    I just can't get a picture at all!!
    Can you help me?

3. turk182

turk182
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi BikerJodie

i just connected the vga Cable to the h30a throught the supplied dvi to d-sub adaptor, then the rgb scart connector into a scart switchbox which i have the dvd and sky running off.

Also need to press Dvi-a on the remote to get a picture, Hope this helps :)

4. bikerjodie

bikerjodie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    turk
    do you know how many pins your vga cable has, mine has 13 male pins, i've tried pressing the dvi-a button but still getting nothing.
    Like you i've used the supplied connection from the projector that changes to vga, ran a vga cable to the scart connection (supplied) to the switch box (b tech 945) then a scart from there to the dvd player... still no picture

I'm for pulling my hair out

Anyone help me?

5. turk182

turk182
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    My vga cable has 14 pins one missing from the second row

got it from hificables

6. bikerjodie

bikerjodie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    turk

counted the pins once i got home... i have 14... :oops:

silly me.... dumb blonde and all that!!!!

Still can't get no picture though.....

alot of distortion through s video but can't get the projector to recognise the vga cable using the dvi-a button, getting no signol source lock enabled!!!!!

7. grunta

grunta
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Some suggestions from a fellow 1st-time projector owner with H30A.

I have managed to connect my Nokia freeview box from SCART via 10m VGA cable to DVI-A. I don't have Sky though nor a SCART switch-box!

turk182
    1) the "eco" mode is the factory-default standard mode for the pj.
    2) I'm not sure about your synching problems - it could be your SCART switch-box is not passing through the signal 100% or it could be the cable. Have you tried connecting either your DVD player or Sky box directly to the pj to eliminate the switching?

bikerjodie
    1) I had a similar non-signal issue with DVI-A- my Freeview box was outputting composite video by default when the pj is expecting an RGB signal on DVI-A.
    Can you confirm that your DVD player is outputting RGB to the SCART? From memory the pj should source-lock after changing and certainly should be selectable via the remote.
    2) I haven't tried S-Video to the pj (my Pioneer player outputs component to pj) so I can't comment.

It is well worth persevering - I am very happy with my H30A and I demo'd it versus Infocus 4805, 7200 and Sanyo PL-Z3.

8. turk182

turk182
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi Grunta

totally agree the H30a is amazing, so hang in there Bikerjodie

already tried putting the scart lead straight into the sky digibox still the synching, Grunta can you access the signal sub menu, cause on my h30a it is'nt there, maybe the phase correction could help me?

or it could just be the crappy Amstrad digibox :thumbsdow , cause dvd playback is perfeck throught the switchbox

9. bikerjodie

bikerjodie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    Thanks for your help guys :thumbsup:

I'm now a happy bunny :rotfl:

I connected the dvd player to the old tv, looked at the menu... it was outputting on scart and not rgb!!!
    Switched to rgb and hey presto.... :clap:

Got the freeview and it read it right away :clap:

Many thanks to you both Grunta and turk and also thanks to catman for perservering with me re: the cables!!!

:thumbsup:

10. grunta

grunta
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Sorry turk182 - i cannot get the Signal sub-menu option to function with DVI-A - it simply does not appear on-screen even though the manual says it should be there ! :(

Not sure what more to suggest apart from trying a different cable, you could refer to Liam @ Prog AV's post here:

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=222724

11. turk182

turk182
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    No Probs Grunta

It was the crappy Amstrad DigiBox :mad: Plugged in my dads 6yrs old Pace box now works like a charms :clap:

Now after 4 days run up 30 hrs on the bulb :eek: