1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newbie, General info required!Pls help!

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by Rayman, Nov 22, 2004.

1. Rayman

Rayman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, :hiya: im new to all this and require some help answering my general questions.

Basically i would like to know what piece of hardware will i require to play my TV through a set of speakers and woofer?

I have bought a seperate set of quality speakers and woofer, i already have a DVD player. What now do i need so that i can hear both my DVDs and TV through the same speakers? Is it an AV receiver, AMP or something else?

Thanx in advance for some replies, its probly a simple answer to everyone but im rather lost at the mo.

Waiting in anticipation

Regards

Rayman :clap:

2. wicket

wicket

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    You need to buy a proper home cinema amplifier but you would have to look into whether your existing speakers/subwoofer would work with it. Another thing to look at is what connections the amp has, usually you connect your tv to it via phono leads (so your tv would need phono outputs). The amp would also need to have the same type of optical/coaxial output as your dvd player has to enable digital sound processing.

3. Rayman

Rayman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thats great just wot i wanted to know, much appreciated! :thumbsup: :clap: