1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newbie first projector help please!

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by noel-pilot, Dec 20, 2004.

1. noel-pilot

noel-pilot
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi all,
    My first post so please be gentle!!
    After many years of longing I have decided to take the plunge and make the ultimate investment into a projector.
    I have been looking at some of the cheaper sony projectors but having read through this forum and other sites they seem very low spec for the price.

I have also looked at the Infocus X1 (which looks very good for the price) and am intrigued by advice towards an Epson and a number of others.

I will mainly be using it at night time in a dark room for Dvd's, Xbox gaming, Tivo watching, and possibly some computer use at some stage (this likely to be minimal as most xvids, divx etc are streamed through chipped xbox)

Budget is absolute maximum of £1000 but ideally between £500 and £700 ish.
    I'm happy to look at all makes so any advice would be extremely appreciated.
    (is the Infocus X1 as good as it looks and as I have read even tho its a couple of years old??!!)

Thank you all in advance.

2. Oakleyspatz

Oakleyspatz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +231
    check out the classifieds on this forum and you'll see a nearly new Panasonic AE700 for just £700 !!!...Got to be a bargain !

3. PJTX100

PJTX100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +563
    Just joined myself today too. Bought a Hitachi PJTX100 just over a month ago, cost thousand quid inc postage, WXGA, I've had nothing but pleasure and joy from it. ...PJ