1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

newbie dvd recorder question

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by dave_b9000, Jan 9, 2004.

1. dave_b9000

dave_b9000
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i'm thinking of getting a philips dvd recorder but i'm wondering if you can record on part of the disc at a time. ie can i record an episode of a tv programme then remove that discv till the next week then record the next episode or does the recorder need to finalise the disc meaning you can only record once?

2. sneekyb

sneekyb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No you can remove the disc and replace it at a later time. Finalising is really only required if you intend using the disc on another dvd player.

3. sneekyb

sneekyb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Dave i notice you are from Edinburgh. Richer Sounds have the Philips DVDR75 for £219 multiregion

4. dave_b9000

dave_b9000
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yeah cheers, that's what i'm looking at :)

5. sneekyb

sneekyb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I bought the JVC DR-M1 from them for £299 and it is a really good unit. The Philips is selling at a cracking price though.

6. Nike

Nike

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    I bought a dvdr75 from RS yesterday - must admit I'm pretty impressed - my first foray into digital recording.
    A bit miffed at having to pay £20 extra 'cos it had been MR hacked - I doubt it'll ever be used as a player.

Recorded 'Amores Perros' from BBC4 Freeview last night in 3 hour mode. This morning I popped the disc into my 757ai to check it and I must say that the quality was far better than I was expecting.

Only £20 more than my last S-VHS deck and there really is no comparison. One of my better impulse buys :)