• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Newbie desperate for home audio help

gj47479

Standard Member
Hi all, I am pretty new to home theatre, I am already addicted!!! I have some questions. First my living room is around 7000 cubic feet because it is connected to kitchen. It will be used as 75% movies/tv; 25% music.i I am thinking about putting together a pair of CM 9s, Centre 2 center channel, axiom qs8s x4 surrounds, and dual HSU vtf3 mtk3 subs. Think about adding some rear in wall or ceiling speakers, maybe even CM1s in the mix. I havent bought anything, I wanted ideas before the huge investment.....Not sure on the receiver or amplifiers, dont have much knowledge there. Is there anything yall can recommend?? What about the setup???? Should I grab rear speakers, and if so which ones

PSM1

Distinguished Member
What sources do you have? What is your budget for reciever? What is your budget for speakers? Have you demoed any of the equipment you mention? Why have you decided to get 2 subs? (often one very good sub is better than 2 OK ones). What are your room dimensions? Maybe a diagram showing layout would help explain what you are trying to do.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom