1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newbie connection help needed!

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by rossuk, Sep 6, 2005.

1. rossuk

rossuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all

Sorry if this has allready been asked before but had a search through and could not find answer.

I have a relativly cheap HP projector and am looking to get the best picture possible from a DVD player and am going to change my DVD player as it only has a Scart and composite output. But my projector only has a couple of options for video input and that is VGA, Composite or S-Video. (Tech sheet for projector also states that it is compatible with HDTV 720p & 1080p using a optional VGA to Component adaptor)

So I am fairly sure that composite is the lowest for quality but what would be better to use, S-Video on new DVD drive to S-Video on projector or Component out put on DVD player to VGA input on projector (using Adaptor)

And sorry to be dumb but if the latter is better can I use any VGA to component convertor / lead or should I buy the HP one.

Thanks everybody as you can probably tell I am new to this and want to make sure i replace the DVD player with one that has the best connections needed to use with my projector.

RossK
    Ross@scantecgb.com
    :lease: