1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newbie connecting problem

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by scott29, Oct 3, 2004.

1. scott29

scott29

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Please can anybody help with my problem,I have a pioneer dv313 dvd and a hitachi pj-tx10 projector, I've connected a scart lead with three RCA connectors to the dvd player,The scart lead has been wired for RGB.The screen menu on the dvd was set to RGB scart,I have connected them to the three component imputs on the back of the projector, On the projector menu i set the component jacks to scart RGB.When i switch on the projector it states it cannot find a signal. Any help will be appreciated.

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
  3. Gerard Fernand

Gerard Fernand

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
    Downloaded and had a quick look at the manual.

The PJ-TX10 can take an SCART RGB signal. See manual page 9 for connections.

You need to get a Scart (out) to 4-Phono cable. Red, Green, Blue and Composite-Sync.

The RGB connect to the component inputs and the Composite-Sync to the video input.

You also need to set the component input to RGB, see page 26 of manual. (as you have done).

Can't find the spec of the DV-313, but if it has a seperate composite video out (phono) and you are un-able to change or modify your existing SCART to 3-Phono, you should be able to connect a phono-to-phono video lead between the DVD's composite out to the projectors video in to get the require sync signal to the projector. If doing it this way make sure the phono video lead is the same length as the scart to 3-phono lead.

Hope this helps.