Newbie buying a Philips 32PW6006C

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by Dice_man, May 18, 2002.

1. Dice_man

Dice_man

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well it was about a week ago when I came across this forum, and suddenly the idea of buying a new TV became very very complicated and slightly scary.

I was going to go for philips flatscreen 28PW6515 buy after reading the trouble that even expierenced home cinema users have had, I've canned the idea. My budget, like a lot of people new to HC is not big £550 max.

In the end I have decided to can the idea of buying a flat screen TV, instead I've opted to go for the Philips 32PW6006C (which is going for 549 gbp at unbeatable.com) which seems to get fairly good write ups here.

Does any one have any comments on this TV before.

Guy's I must say that your forum is exelent, and a great source of information for the HC newbie.

2. tom-m

tom-m
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    For the price the 32PW6006 is a bargain, I too bought mine from unbeatable,(£502 exc stand, inc delivery).

The picture is excellent, especially DVD through either RGB/S-video. The sound is not that great, but is about standard for nicam.

Make sure you get help putting it on it's stand, as it's one heavy beast!!

hope this helps
    tom

3. Dice_man

Dice_man

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the reassurance Tom, I've seen you're posts B4 and you seem very happy with you TV. After much thought I decided for the smaller 28" version, basically because of the size of my room.

I'm not even going to touch the service menu. :D

4. tom-m

tom-m
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    A very wise decision;)

The geometry on the 6006 is pretty good anyway, so you shouldn't really need to go there.

anyway, good luck and happy viewing:)

tom