1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newbie AV Receiver Question

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Rosss, Nov 10, 2004.

1. Rosss

Rosss
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi People,

Looking to set up a home cinema, starting with a In-Focus 4805 and a Denon 2105 receiver.

Very basic question is, do all the inputs DVD/HDD player, TV aerial, Sky box etc go into the 2105 and then a single visual output go to the projector. Basically do I have to run only one cable from the AV receiver to the projector.

The sound I assume will be sent from the 2105 to the speakers synchronised with the vision.

Is it this simple or am I missing something ?

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Regards

Stewart Ross

2. Dfour

Dfour

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +85
    The simple answer is yes, You can have all the items through your amp to your proj. A very neat and tidy solution:cool:

From my very limited experience with projectors most people only use them for films or special occaisions because of the expense of the bulbs and the limited hours they live and would use a plasma/crt for tv and normal use.

3. swarrans

swarrans
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well, that's not quite true if your post is to be taken literally....
    Your AV amp can take SOME inputs and convert them to component to output to your projector - but not your TV aerial or any RGB outputs from your Sky box or DVD player. This is because the amp can only receive component, composite or S video signals - therefore if you want it to take an RGB input you'll need to convert it to something it can understand (eg by using a JS Technology RGB to component converter).
    The TV aerial, of course, will need to go into a tuner first and then onto the amp...

Simon