Newbie and Sky Hack, help please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

VenatorkQFK

Ok, first of all my apologies if I say something really stupid, I admit I don’t know a bit of satellites and stuff...

I live in Portugal and I have lost my patience with the cables channels we have here, looked around and found out that Sky has (or appears to have) the type of channels I want. So I phone them to get prices and so on, and discovered that I can not subscribe to them since I am out of UK! That doesn’t give me other choice than to hack it!

So, after browsing information on the net, I am now totally confused!

1) can I use a PC to unscramble (decode) the videoguard signal from sky? If so, can anyone point me in the right direction?

2) can I use a normal satellite decoder to view Sky? Or does it need to be a skybox? (are there more models?) (I read something about some CAMs, but I am not sure what they are for…) (yes, I am truly a newbie!)

3) If I need a skybox (I understand I can buy them over the net) what do I do about the card? Since Sky want sell me one, is there a way to create/hack one?

Thank you for your help, and sorry the long list of questions…

So easy to justify criminal behaviour!

1) Nope
2) Nope
3) Cards are not officially sold outide the UK but of course that doesn't stop people taking out legit subscriptions and selling them on to European customers. You will need to find someone who does that, it'll be expensive and of course you will very little legal rights should the card get switched off after a week.

All SKY's subscription channels are encrypted, there is no way to view them without a genuine SKY digibox and SKY smartcard. You can buy a SKY digibox and that will pick up the usual FTA channels (which don't need a card) but then any digital satellite box will do that. Some satellite broadcasters use encryption that isn't tied to a single STB (Set Top Box) and you can buy a CAM for oe of those then just aquire the card. SKY do not do this, the Videoguard CAM in embedded into the design of the digibox which is part of the reason why it's been a secure system since launch.

Starburst, someone told me that most people on the continent have chippedsky boxes enabling them to view for free is this possible Itold this person it was not possible can you clear this up for me.
Thanks in advance ....Jim

Please do not discuss hacking 'how to' on this forum. There are plenty of boards where you can talk about this subject, a search will find them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom