1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newbie Alert - Cabling Questions

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by vhaines, Sep 3, 2004.

1. vhaines

vhaines

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Good evening,

I've just purchased a Pioneer PDP-434HDE, andhave some questions regarding the best way to connect all the other devices I have.

Like most people here, I have Sky+, and a Sony DB940 receiver. Sure, it'sgetting on a bit, but it's not so bad....(honest). In addition, I have Pioneer DVR-3100 and a Panasonic DMR-E60 - only one of which will be hooked up.

At present, most of the devices are connected ia SCART to S-Video cables, running into the receiver, and then up into a 36" Wega, again via S-Video to SCART.

Now, on with the questions......

1. I want to be able to view Sky+ in RGB, without having to have the receiver switched on. Though it would be nice to take advange of the digital audio at times...
    2. I want to be able to record any of the Sky stuff to the DVR or E60, again, in RGB if possible. Again, with or without receiver on if possible.
    3. I would like the audio from either of the DVDs to go through the receiver - does the video need to go through AS WELL? It may sound like a stupid question, but if the audio does not need to take the same route as the video, it makes things a lot easier. I'm just worried about any latency/audio sync problems

If I've got it all wrong, do let me know. Would really appreciate any help and advice anyone can offer, with the exception of trading the Plasma in... :D

I'm more than happy to go pick up new cables, if I need them.
    Thanks, and have a great weekend.