Newbie After Media PC with Blu Ray

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by Noodle30, Jan 19, 2008.

1. Noodle30

Noodle30
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Dear All

Newbie question so potentially a little stupid:

I have limited space so I like the idea of a “media PC” so that I can “centrally host” all my music, pictures and downloaded video. This would be then linked upto my 32 inch hd tv (it is a small room). The idea being that I can surf the net, download music and video, play my existing library of media and undertake normal computer duties from one nice and neat box via my 32 inch tv...this would also be linked up to the Onkyo 605 that I have on order and onto a set of surround speakers.....

I have found the following spec on ebay (see link below – I promise this isn’t an advert and it should be obvious that I don’t know what I am doing anyway) which would seem to do the trick and with the attached internal blu ray player should also tick another box......(the potential to upgrade in the future with new improved drives is also an attractive proposition). So the question is will this setup do the trick and give me the media hosting together with Blu Ray capability in one neat box that I am looking for? (PS I am sure that dedicated Blu Ray HD players would be better but if I can get a package llike this that will get me 98% of the way there then I will be happy – especially with 32””?)

Also from the spec it includes Dolby 5.1 so I assume it wouldnt support the 7.1 available with the Onkyo?

>Intel DG965OT, Windows Vista Ready, Next Generation Core 2 Duo Ready, Viiv Supported

>2 X Seagate ST3250620AS 250GB SATAII/300 7200RPM 16MB Cache

>Kingston 1GB DDR II PC4200 RAM Total 2GB RAM

>Pioneer Bluray and DVDR/s drive (1080p full HD)

>Nvidia 8600GT Dual DVI output. HDMI input to HDTV possible (Belkin Gold Plated DVI-HDMI Cable Provided)

>Hauppage Nova T 500 & Media Center Remote Control

>Dual Freeview digital tv card, record one channel/watch another! The industries top TV card, stunning TV quality and stability. Analogue/Sky changer/Satellite cards available on request.

>Dolby Digital Live Audio sound card output to Dolby Digital 5.1 always, whether your listening to mp3s, dvd or tv.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BLU-RAY-Media-PC-Core-2-Duo-INTEL-VIIV-HDMI_W0QQitemZ280192566622QQihZ018QQcategoryZ179QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

If someone could point me in the right direction would be really grateful

Noodle