Newbie after advice

hobo28

Standard Member
Hi all

First post so please be gentle with me....

I'm moving house soon and the lounge is ripe for a home cinema set up. :thumbsup: I would like to mount a 37" LCD above the fireplace (electric fire). The house is 3 yrs old and so is a new(ish) build.

I have the following I'd like to connect:

Tivo
Freeview
DVD Player
PC (VGA input)

The issue I have is I'm a total novice at this and have no idea whats the best set up. I can think of several issues already and I bet there are more.

For example:

1) Ideally, I need to locate my equipment in the corner of the room as next to the fireplace will look ugly and the missus has vetoed that! The distance is about 3m. Whats the best way of cabling it up so I'm not having to drag across a load of cables?

2) I'm thinking of getting a new DVD Player which can upscale to HD. However, HDMI cables of length are v. expensive. Since HDMi is digital, what real impact does the quality of the cable have??

3) I'm not a massive audiophile so can I get away with using cheaper speaker cables?

Thanks

inzaman

Hi and welcome to the forums.
For question 1 are you wanting to channel the cables or are you looking at ways of routing them efficiently.

With regards to questions 2 and 3 you would be better off asking them in the cables section. If you do a search for speaker cable there are loads of threads, and many debates :D , on this subject.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Samsung TV Launch & QN95A Neo QLED Review, plus Film & TV news & Reviews
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom