1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NEWBIE advise please

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by jedimaster1971, May 28, 2005.

1. jedimaster1971

jedimaster1971
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, looking for some advise :lease: from guys who know their plasma from their.... well you get the idea

in the market for a plasma tv and have been given the offer of a pana th42pe30 for £1600, no stand or pedastal just the panel?!? from a local retailer ( he mainly deals in tosh CRT's )

or

a pana th42pe50 with stand and free PANA es10 DVDR £ 1995 an online exclusive with a large chain beginning with C

should i be tempted by the cheaper option and go for a alphason stand and a pedastal or is it better business sense to go for the full set-up,

I did try the search engine but it didnt get me far with my specific question

2. steve24855

steve24855
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have a look on this web site. www.totaldigital.biz.
    The 42 pe 50 with pedistal stand is £1575 and the new high def Panasonic 42 pv500 with pedistal stand is £1999. you could also try John Lewis. johnlewis.com. They are offering 42 pe 50 with free DVD recorder and 5 Year Warranty for £1995 as yet Their web site is not showing Panasonic PV500's good thing with JL is that all their Plasmas come with 5 year warranty and they will price match any retail price as long as the store have it in stock. however you can buy 5 year warranties retrospectivley through AV sales within 6 months of purchase.
    BRGDS
    Steve