Newbie! Advise on digital cam pls.

T

Tj_El

Hi

I am new to all things re camcorders :blush: and am looking to get MiniDV camcorder but the choices are vast.

What I am looking for is something not too bulky, has an LCD screen, had both USB & DV in and out (to enable PC-editing- unless this is not a requirement for PC editing?) and does not cost the earth (more in the region of £200-£400).

In your collective experience here, can anyone suggest a camcorder that will fit the bill? :confused:

Thanks for all responses.

Regards
Tj_El

Try the Panasonic NV-GS range.
I think they all have DV in and out, and the GS1/GS3 models are within the price bracket you are looking at. Also they are all anything but bulky!
Hope this helps.

Thanks for the info Scott69 :cool: . I will check these models out in greater detail.
Apart from these 2 models, are there any others that are recommended... anyone? :blush:

Cheers!

Tj_El

for the price range , i reckon that's quite limited. for mini dv, you'd expect to pay a bit more... it is the newest teknology (apart from micro mv, but thats whey out of your budget)

speaking from experience, i can recommend the canon mv 500 range.
i bought the last model, Mv450i, and whilst the ccd (the thing that processes the image) is qute basic (for cams these days any way) the quality is vey good, and this is reflected in the price- ie quite cheep

if you want to know anything about this range, ask away.

as for other models, samsung do some well priced mini dv cams- check them out

BTW- are you considerind buying from the net, or 2nd hand?

Cheers Eee-Tee
The Canon MV range? I must admit I haven't really considered Canon. Maybe I'll have a look see. What are the specs like and pricing?...... and I will either buy off the Net or shops whichever gives the best deal and after sales support.

yes, they might not be as popular as sony, but then sony is for the +£900 market. i bought this cam coz of the price,size, and features,-same as you, and i've been impressed.

I'm aware that the 500 series are similar to the 400's apart from the fact that the ccd has been reduced to enable an bigger zoom-18x as opposed to 10x. this in itself is useful
for other specs, check out the canon site-
http://www.canon.co.uk/digitalcamcorders/index.html

as you'll see, there are 4 cams in this range, offering different features. as a rule, the MV550i is the top of the range,w/Dv in/out as well as a multimedia card for taking stills

as for other companies, i cant speak from experience, but check out the samsung sitehttp://www.samsungelectronics.co.uk/
i found the VPD10 r=for £340 on empire direct

BTW do you use ebay?
i've seen some wouldn't be in your price range normally:D

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom