1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

newbie advice

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by deff, May 21, 2002.

1. deff

deff
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am going on an upgrade journey and will ilke some input from all you experts out there. I find that I get better advice on this forum that reading some of the expert mag around!

I have a dolby digital TV (philips pw329616) with rear speakers which are okish. My latest buy is the rel q400e sub from the Adzman. Does the job very well.

I have connect the low level directly to the TVs sub out and the hi level to my amp(4 year old HK AV100 with Dolby prologic). Curently I do not use the amp whilest wathing TV or DVD.

My main speakers are 4yr mission 731 with no centres or rears.

My question really is how to get setup which is music biased but will also improve my home cinema experience.

Because of founds I can only upgrade o kit at a time whilst trying to stay away fro buget kit.

My other kit are dvd:pioneer 545; cd:sony cdpe310;.

So it is between getting a new amp(s) or speakers. Which one will have the most immediate impact.

Waiting for your responses

Deff

2. jiml

jiml
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    An amp would make the biggest difference. If you are happy using the DD processor in your TV, then a straight stereo amp will outperform a DD amp for music at similar prices. For best results feed the front channels of your TV through the amp to get better width and greater dynamics with your DVD's.