1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newbie...advice

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by pjpar, Apr 20, 2005.

1. pjpar

pjpar
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have seen a lot said about Tiny for plasmas.

Have they improved at all on what people have said about them.

they have a "good on paper" deal with the tiny 429 (42" with table, tuner, det speaker etc) for under a grand...is it worth taking the chance!???

2. ukdan

ukdan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +84
  3. is1111

is1111

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +91
    hi i thought the deals looked great too and ordered one without looking into it.
    when i found this site and all the bad reports i cancelled my order about 10-14 days before the delivery was due. For the money being laid out i just don't think it is worth the risk. i saw one in computer store at braehead shopping centre in glasgow and i thought it looked pretty good with nemo showing on it and was almost prepared to let the delivery arrive and then decide in the first few days if i thought it was going to be ok if not i would cancel order immediately. after reading again about the amount of problems getting tiny to take the screen back and get a refund i just couldn't risk it.
    couldn't really get anyone to give me any positive feedback on the screen. most people find shearing problem with picture which is supposed to have been fixed with a software update but i'm sure some folk still having problems.
    tiny's customer service has also been pretty poor in many cases. just read through the sticky thread and make up your mind.
    im sure mep on here has one as a second screen and says it does for another room but is not ideal for your main tv in living room.
    at the time i ordered price kind of went up by time you added delivery and paid for a table and this brought the price up to nearer a much better tv.
    i stretched over my budget by going for panasonic th42pwd7 from av sales and adding the components i needed and must say i am very pleased with it and very relieved i did';t go through with the tiny.
    other alternatives on a budget are th37pw7(only 37 inch not 42) av sales and richer sounds were doing deals on this and also the 42" LG screen can be had for not much more than the tiny.
    pleanty of people on here quite happy with the LG and it comes with speakers and inputs already on the screen which the panasonics don't have as they are plasma displays and you need to add the terminal boards to suit your needs and sort out sound.
    again read through the tiny posts on here. iw as pretty miffed when i asked about the tiny and only got negative replies but after i looked into it more i realised people were only trying to keep me right and save me a load of hassle and gried in the long run. thankfully i took their advice.
    cheers