1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newbie Advice

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by jckm2000, Feb 26, 2005.

1. jckm2000

jckm2000
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi Folks,
    I'm new to home cinema and have been looking at some of the Yamaha receivers, but there seem so many and I have no idea which to go for. I have a set of Sony SP1 speakers (surround front & rear, center & sub, 80watt) and I'm looking to spend around £200-300.
    I have the house wired for 6.1 in one room and stereo in four others so I need the receiver to handle stereo music acceptibly as well as cinema reproduction. Whats the Yamaha RXV450 like compared to the DSP-AX750SE, or should I go for a Denon 1705 ??
    Any advice/opinions from people who know more about AV amps than me would be very much apreciated!
    Cheers

Jon

2. tamthetim

tamthetim

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Yamaha amps are not generally known for there music abilities, great with movies though :clap:

Look at others, like the Marantz etc.

Cheers,Tam

3. benkenobi

benkenobi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hey ther,
    i auditioned the denon 1604 with Kef speakers recently and they were just about okay(though it was good in the HT mode).
    The Yamaha on the other hand is very well balanced and warm(at times abit bright)in both stereo and HT mode.
    however, i would recommend that u use digital coaxial interconnects instead of analog for stereo applications also.
    Regds
    Benks