Newbie advice on in-wall speakers

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by lintonmac, Nov 11, 2004.

1. lintonmac

lintonmac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I'm about to get a plasma screen to hang on the wall, and to complete the experience, I think I'm going to have to replace my left/right/centre speakers by in-wall models. I currently have some old (but good) B&W DM17 (bookshelf speakers sold only in the US I think), and a more recent (circa 1997) B&W Centre speaker. My M&K subwoofer, and B&W in-wall rears wouldn't change.

I can bi-wire the speakers, and they are driven off of Arcam Power amps and a Meridian 562/565 Processor.

I was considering B&W Signature 7NT and CWM Cinema (centre). Does anyone have experience with these, and what performance I might expect compared to my older but more traditional designs? Most use is for DVD watching, but listening to music is also important though not my primary system (that uses 2 Meridian DSP5000's). If not the B&W's are there any other in-wall systems that are not going to double the price of my plasma purchase?

Thanks for any feedback.
    Ian

2. rhinoman

rhinoman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    M&K also have an inwall range, not heard them though.