Newbie: Advice buying a 26" Panasonic TX26TXD60 LCD TV Please

F

Fat Audi 80

Hi Newbie here with a long post! :hiya:

I have done a little research, and although some of my questions have been answered I thought a thread of my own would not hurt.

Basically my Phillips 28" CRT has died and I am looking to go LCD.

I generally watch TV, do not have sky, do not play games, but do watch the odd DVD. (It is to go in my small lounge, so I think 32" is too big)

I am thinking of buying the Panasonic TX-26TXD60 shortly. I understand this has had good reviews.

My Questions:

1.) Does the above TV suit my needs?
2.) Does the Panasonic have Audio out sockets so that I can connect to my Stereo system? Can't see it in the specs...
3.) Should I consider any others, my budget is £600 max really £650 - £700 at a push.

Finally:
4.) Should I go "LCD" at all or wait? I have read a couple of posts where members have stated that CRT converts may still be dissapointed in LCD performance???

Sorry for the long list of questions.

Cheers, :smashin:

Steve

see my later thread, but got the Panasonic Viera TX26LXD60 LCD HD for £637 at john Lewis. great TV, 1st LCD I bought and I play PS2, sky on it and it's fine. Dunno about this stereo stuff, I'm not a whiz kid, but will have a look tonight. Ask someone at the stores, they'll hopefully know or call panansonic up themselves???

But a good choice. Think it's fine for size as well

I think it's like the 32LXD60.......you have to use the headphone socket to feed an amp. Works well for me.

Hi

I have been looking at this TV for a while as well. Looking to get it next week and the best deal I have found fro the 26 is through Dixons. Can get for £549 using one of their discount codes.

Good thing with Dixons is that if your not happy you can return it within 14 days and they will arrange it for you and all you pay is £19.99.

You might want to have a look at the JVC LT-26DX7 or the Sony KDL-26S010 which are within you budget-about £630 range

I have just bought the Panny TX- 26LXD60, unlike some of the contributors on here I love it's styling. Also my first LCD, PQ good but not outstanding compared with my old faithful Sony CRT, but the Missus is well happy with the slimline unit. One important point....got Sky HD two weeks ago and was totally unimpressed with the PQ, no better than SD, played around with the settings endlessly, tried every configuration of connection and still the pq was the same. Finally sussed the problem, I am sitting too far away from the screen (9ft), sit a further 3ft closer and you can start to enjoy the enhancement of HD, so in essence I really needed at least a 32" screen or move the settee into the middle of the room, Missus aint having that!

It has prompted me to write to the dealer I purchased the set from and offer him some constructive criticism, in my view it is essential that you are asked when buying one of these type of sets your seating/viewing layout as it seems quite critical. Looking at displays in stores does not help at all, in a perfect world you need someone bring round half a dozen or so different models and try them out in your home enviroment to make the right decision.

Rainjar said:
see my later thread, but got the Panasonic Viera TX26LXD60 LCD HD for £637 at john Lewis. great TV, 1st LCD I bought and I play PS2, sky on it and it's fine. Dunno about this stereo stuff, I'm not a whiz kid, but will have a look tonight. Ask someone at the stores, they'll hopefully know or call panansonic up themselves???

But a good choice. Think it's fine for size as well

Just looked at John Lewis £849? am I being dim:eek:

Like the look off that but more at the budget above

Idea's?

Regards

JOHNNY

Rodgy said:
I think it's like the 32LXD60.......you have to use the headphone socket to feed an amp. Works well for me.

How do you do that if your stereo requires stereo inputs (red and white jack points)???

How do you guys wire up your LCD TV's to your stereo equipment?

Cheers,

Steve

johnny70 said:
Just looked at John Lewis £849? am I being dim:eek:

Like the look off that but more at the budget above

Idea's?

Regards

JOHNNY

You can get it for £540 from Dixons online inc delivery using the £50 off over £500 code. If you have an Egg card you can get a further 5% off so you get it for £520.

I have bought two myself and think they are great tvs and for £520 they are a bargain.

Or you can get a Scart to RCA cable if you dont mind losing a scart socket to it. Personally I think this a better option as it is on the back rather than the side so less visible and should be proper line out level. Nothing wrong with using the headphone socket though.

Thanks Mate :smashin:

Just had the same answer on my other thread about this.

Mods, Should this not be in the FAQ section? I like to think I am not a technophobe, but I did not know about scart adaptors... Or am I thick? :D

Cheers,

Steve.

nickp8 said:
You can get it for £540 from Dixons online inc delivery using the £50 off over £500 code. If you have an Egg card you can get a further 5% off so you get it for £520.

I have bought two myself and think they are great tvs and for £520 they are a bargain.

Hi
I tried this code perkz50dix. It did work, but the £549 did not include delivery.

Any thoughts ?

I have just ordered that TV from dixons with no code for £599 delivered....

Cheers,

Steve

Still cheaper than Kelkoo (£618)

This will be the winner for parents lounge me thinks.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom