1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newbie ADVICE appreciated

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by choky101, May 23, 2005.

1. choky101

choky101

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,
    i'm looking to change my speaker setup.
    I currently have the maudaunt short 902 series front rear's and bookshelf and a crappy phillips sub.
    I am moving to a smaller room and would like more discrete speakers, no problem with the sub size though.
    I'm not really bothered with the 5.1 as i only get the full effect with dvd's.
    I was looking at bose acoustimas 6 or something.
    My budget is £500, but after reading some comments on this forum there are better systems out there for the money. Which are similar in size physicaly.
    I really need your help as i have absolutely no idea what is out there and i'm not a tech head, all i know is good sound when i hear it but i don't know why.

2. jeepjunkie

jeepjunkie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hi,

Don't listen to all the Bose haters out there, make up your own mind. I have owned loads of hi-fi over the years from all the top names but have settled on a Denon ADV-M71 driving Bose Acoustimas AM5 S111s. I don't bother with center/surround channels, been there done that too many cables/boxes and hastle. The Bose gives me all the quality and grunt I need for the livingroom plus they are wife friendly... I would not call the AM5s expensive in hi-fi circles either. True they do have some minor limitations but so does everything else...

Cheers