Newbie ADVICE appreciated

C

choky101

Hi all,
i'm looking to change my speaker setup.
I currently have the maudaunt short 902 series front rear's and bookshelf and a crappy phillips sub.
I am moving to a smaller room and would like more discrete speakers, no problem with the sub size though.
I'm not really bothered with the 5.1 as i only get the full effect with dvd's.
I was looking at bose acoustimas 6 or something.
My budget is £500, but after reading some comments on this forum there are better systems out there for the money. Which are similar in size physicaly.
I really need your help as i have absolutely no idea what is out there and i'm not a tech head, all i know is good sound when i hear it but i don't know why.

Hi,

Don't listen to all the Bose haters out there, make up your own mind. I have owned loads of hi-fi over the years from all the top names but have settled on a Denon ADV-M71 driving Bose Acoustimas AM5 S111s. I don't bother with center/surround channels, been there done that too many cables/boxes and hastle. The Bose gives me all the quality and grunt I need for the livingroom plus they are wife friendly... I would not call the AM5s expensive in hi-fi circles either. True they do have some minor limitations but so does everything else...

Cheers

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom