Newbee quuestion

Davidgilmour

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I just wanted to know how the Anthony Gallo speakers sound when connected to a normal Hifi set. I mean just 2 micro speakers without the subwoofer or 2 A'Diva speakers, again without the sub.

I am thinking about buying these 2 for the hifi system, any opinions ?

Do I really need the sub ? And with the A'Divas ?

thanx for any help

dg

They will sound very thin as they are only satellite speakers and not full range. Like all satellites they are designed to be used with a subwoofer which will produce everything under 90Hz

Does that also count for the A'Divas ? I read on a site somewhere that they could be used as stand alones. True ?

Originally posted by Davidgilmour
Does that also count for the A'Divas ? I read on a site somewhere that they could be used as stand alones. True ?

Not true as that is also a satellite speaker, albeit one that is slightly larger. As a rule of thumb, no speaker that is designed as part of a sub / sat system will operate satisfactorily on it's own unless your musical tastes only consist of unaccompanied solo sopranos or contraltos

>unless your musical tastes only consist of unaccompanied solo sopranos or contraltos

:laugh:
A couple of words paints a very graphic picture

When my sub packed up I was left with 3 A'Diva's and 4 micro's to entertain my ears. God was it hard work!

Trust me they need a sub.....don't do it however nice it may look:nono:

M

Originally posted by itcosthowmuch
When my sub packed up I was left with 3 A'Diva's and 4 micro's to entertain my ears. God was it hard work!
Trust me they need a sub.....don't do it however nice it may look:nono:
M

Then maybe another question, how would match to a PLASMA screen. I might buy a Plasma screen without speakers, if I use these as ' ordinary ' speakers for the telly , how would that sound ?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom