• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Newbe to Iphone

sarge3

Novice Member
I purchased a ringtone from the apps store on itunes,it downloaded into a folder called purchased.I cannot move it to my iphone from that folder.Please can anyone help with instructions

jclaydon

Established Member
Did you download in itunes (on your pc/mac) or on the iphone itself?

If you did it in itunes, click on the ringtones section on the top left (under music, movies, tv shows etc), you should then see your downloaded ringtone which you can drag/sync across.

If on the iphone, I presume it already knows its a ringtone. so go to Settings - Sounds - Ringtone and select it from there.

sarge3

Novice Member
Did you download in itunes (on your pc/mac) or on the iphone itself?

If you did it in itunes, click on the ringtones section on the top left (under music, movies, tv shows etc), you should then see your downloaded ringtone which you can drag/sync across.

If on the iphone, I presume it already knows its a ringtone. so go to Settings - Sounds - Ringtone and select it from there.
I downloaded it on to my PC and it shows under a folder purchased and not under ringtones, As stated I am new to itunes and not very well versed with my Iphone

jclaydon

Established Member
Ok in itunes (on the pc) do you have a section called ringtones on the top left? (underneath the music folder?). If not you can turn this on in the Preferences section of itunes (file - preferences?) - sorry trying to do this from memory as not at home pc at the moment.

Don't worry about the 'Purchased' folder, everything you buy from itunes gets put here, but it's not where the item is stored, just like a playlist showing you what you've bought.

To get the ringtone onto your iphone you need to sync it across. With your iphone plugged in, if you click on the ringtones tab, does it show up there to be synced? Do you sync across music to the iphone automatically, or manually drag it across? If you sync it should show up on this tab.

simon69c

Established Member
Don't think so - at least didn't seem to be supported as of the end of last year... [Linky]

I don't use media monkey I'm afraid, but as iPhone ringtones use the extension .m4r, and media monkey doesn't appear to recognise them, it seems that it's unlikely to be possible to do without jailbreaking your iPhone (or switching to iTunes of course).

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom