Newbe Help wanted

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Kelly, Nov 20, 2004.

1. Kelly

Kelly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

I've just bought a DVD player and have connected it to the TV via a scart cable. This seemed pretty straightforward. The problem is that I have the sound but no picture.
    I have a tv/video all in one thing and wonder if that has anything to do with it.

I would appreciate any help or ideas - I'm sure it's something really silly.

Thanks in advance,

Kelly

2. lynx

lynx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +301
    Ignore that drivel...that will teach me to pay attention to posts :blush:

3. Family Guy

Family Guy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sounds like you TV dosen't accept the signal your DVD player is outputting. Your DVD player is set to RGB and your TV will only accept a composite signal.

We may be able to help if we knew the makes of TV and DVD player...

4. Kelly

Kelly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for those ideas,
    The TV is a Phillips 21PV320/01 and the DVD is a SEG 3000. These were both bought in Spain and I'm not sure if that makes a difference.

I've been reading up on SCART cables and there seems to be a big difference between them. I bought the cheapest on the market and wonder if that has anything to do with it because it doesn't appear to slot in very securely and is a bit loose.

If there is another way of connecting up would love to know. I chose the Scart because it seemed the easiest.

Thanks,

Kelly