1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

new Z1 has arrived. Again !

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Bristol Pete, May 21, 2003.

1. Bristol Pete

Bristol Pete

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +321
    Its here. All seems well.

Slight to no vertical banding, however, 2 dead pixels, one noticable but right in bottom corner and the other unnoticable from 12 feet away.

So I am keeping it. Its got a cracking image, that looks fab with a slight defocus. As I wear glasses for movie watching, it still looks sharp.

Nexnix informed of dead pixels and my decision to keep PJ after it being 3 in 3 weeks and all. However, very apologetic and they have offered to refund the pixel check that I paid for. Lucy suggests that pixels may be being damaged in transit - stating that the unit was 100% ok when it left horsham. Will check up with City Link on 'treatment of goods'.

So thats that. I am happy with it and I am not gonna loose sleep over a pixel that is barely noticable. After all, there are not that many businesses that have done what Nexnix have, let alone offer a pixel check. Assuming it arrives unblemished.

So now I can enjoy, and as this is my first Pj ever, things can only ever get better.

talk soon,

Captain Benefit.

2. -Jay-

-Jay-
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +135
    Glad your happy with it :)
    Good work Nexnix & to think i wasn't going to order off them because it was a net site :rolleyes:

3. theritz

theritz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Cap'n,

Glad you're happy with the result - some serious movie watching should now ensue - as well as Celtic v Porto tonight......

All the best,

Sean G.

4. calscot

calscot
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yep,

I'm a Rangers fan but still want Celtic to win it. BBC show football in 16:9 on Satalite so watching on a 6'6" widescreen is the only way to watch football for me now. Comfy seat, nobody in my way, no smokers and cheap beer from Tesco's... ahhhh! :)

I get BBC Scotland down here in the south, so not only get my football in widescreen, but also for free. So I feel sorry for my English mates who pay a fortune to Sky and then watch their football in "Fat" mode on their widescreen tellies. Or are English footballers just fatter? ;)

Cheers,
    Cal.

5. calscot

calscot
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Pity we're going to miss the beginning of The Matrix, though... (on Five at 9pm)

Reloaded is the one film I'll forsake my new home theatre for, and trot along to the local Multiplex - possibly for the last time...

It would be nice to catch all of the first one again before I go but one flaw in my system is that I can't watch the pj and record something else as I use my DVD recorder to sent the S-Video signals... :rotfl:

Cheers,
    Cal.