New York

sparkymark75

I went last year in May for a few days and thought it was amazing. THis year my wife and I went to Las Vegas for 5 days and then New York for 5 days for our honeymoon and to be honest, we enjoyed Vegas more. Maybe we're cheap and tacky, or maybe it's because we'd already been to NY and Vegas was "new" but NY started to become a bit of a chore.

If you've never been though I would definetly recommend it, but for us, once was enough.

Discombobulate

Distinguished Member
will be going in Jan. Thanks for the post.

I'm told you can pre-book tickets to see the statue of liberty. is this worth doing or just better to pay when you are there.

Greg Hook

Moderator & Reviewer
will be going in Jan. Thanks for the post.

I'm told you can pre-book tickets to see the statue of liberty. is this worth doing or just better to pay when you are there.

We just paid when we got there. No queues or anything. I guess it depends on the time of year, as there clearly are massive queues at busier times due to the size of the room with all the velvet ropes in. :D

I would imagine Jan would be pretty quiet. So just buy when you get there. If you are planning on going to the Empire State Building, buy those in advance.

aphex232

yeah!! PAX food outlets rule in NYC, great breakfasts, i recommend the granola

Epicurus

I've been planning a trip there for a long time now, and this thread has been very helpful. Although the exchange rate has dropped substantially, so too have air fares thanks to falling fuel costs, and hotel rates are dropping slightly because of the credit crunch. Luckily I still have a few hundred $ left over from my drive down the east coast in March.

That said, what is considered on and off peak season in New York?

I find so many websites talking about on and off peak pricing, or recommending going in the low season etc without actually saying when that is. I don't care about the weather, just want to do the trip as cheap as possible, any pointers?

moby125

Certainly try Expedia or Priceline for hotels, also Tripadvisor is good for getting other peoples views on hotels, some even post their own pictures of the rooms they have stayed in!!

As for flights we actually booked with Continental as it was cheaper than expedia.

Priceline is very US based, as I think you cannot book flights from the UK with it, although I might be wrong. But it might be certainly handy for booking hotels.

Expedia.co.uk Travel > Book cheap flights, travel, hotels and package holidays
New York, United States Tourism - Holiday Reviews - Travel Deals - TripAdvisor
Cheap Flights, Hotels, and Rental Cars -- Discount Airfare | Priceline.com

The latest video from AVForums

Toy Stories - Turning Toys into Blockbuster Movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom