New York - shopping and gadgets...

Shady

Hi Chaps

For my birthday my beautiful wife has treated us to a week in New York.

That's all - just thought I would share my good news...

;)

...but while I am there I wondered what the best buys gadget wise were going to be ? I am interested in most things and have a budget of around £200 ($400 woohoo) - and as all of the news stories say it is such good value at the moment I thought I would ask the opinion of the good people here as to what they would do.

Also aware of the limitation of customs allowances - but as I believe the missus was looking to buy up half of Fifth Avenue I may use her as a decoy.

:smashin:

All suggestions appreciated.

Cheers

Pat_C

...but while I am there I wondered what the best buys gadget wise were going to be ? I am interested in most things and have a budget of around £200 ($400 woohoo) - and as all of the news stories say it is such good value at the moment I thought I would ask the opinion of the good people here as to what they would do.
I would say that if there is anything that you specifically want then do all the research on prices, locations etc. before you go. Don't forget their annoying habit of listing prices excluding sales tax. Then when you get there you won't be spending all your time in shops (wife allowing of course).

It doesn't make much sense to be buying things you don't know you want just because they are cheap - and there is so much more to do and see in Manhattan than the inside of shops. Sorry, I mean stores. (I'm bilingual).

Shady

...don't worry - the main reason is the sights, eating, drinking, general running around like big kids - and then shopping...

:D

IanWilky

There seems to be an electronics store on every block in New York! you'll be spoilt for choice, but be wary of some of them, they aren't much cheaper than here once sales tax is added.

I don't know where you are staying, but to save even more money to go towards your gadgets, if you are anywhere near Times Square, eat in a district called Hell's Kitchen - really inexpensive and excellent food. It's about two blocks behind Times Square on 9th or 10th. We were in Hotel W and made our way there everyday.

If you go to Times Square, catch a Broadway show - get you tickets from the red and white 'ticket booth' for 50% savings :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

LG CX Best Picture Settings
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom