• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

New York New York

Shady

Established Member
Hi chaps

Off to New York in a couple of weeks time (I know, timing not the best...) and wondered whether anyone has any suggestions on good bars, restaurants in the Midtown area ?

We are stopping near Times Square and fancy somewhere to see the Superbowl on the Sunday. BB Kings have a buffet day on, but wondered if anyone has been before and whether there are any other bars with good local atmosphere.

We went to NY a couple of years ago and found Juniors and a couple of others, but we wanted to know if you fine people had any hidden gems for a couple of 30/40 year olds to have a good drink, few cocktails and nice surroundings - oh, and of course to not break the bank (again, timing not the best).

Enough of this doom and gloom, let the suggestions commence...

Cheers

Kieron

Distinguished Member
Doesn't Gordon Ramsay have a restuarant out there? "London" or something?

themilkman23

Prominent Member
Doesn't Gordon Ramsay have a restuarant out there? "London" or something?

Yes he does, we ate there when we went in November to watch the Calzaghe fight. I'm surprised we got a booking to be honest as we only enquired about a table about two months before we went, my brother went in June and tried to book and it was fully booked for six months apparently!

Meal was lovely, even though it did set us back $200!

We did a lot when we were there, bought a card before we went out there (New York Pass) cost us about £60 each and it pretty much got us into everywhere! We did Empire State building in the day & Rockafella at night, everything was much prettier at night time! Went to Central Park and the zoo, also did ground zero one day and saw two shows on broadway.

Have to say though the boxing was amazing, this is coming from a woman too! That was until we went to see a Knicks game and I absolutely loved that!

I liked New York but have to say I prefer Vegas :)

Mrs Milkman

dr_mabuse

Established Member
Shady
Just read through the thread provided by Iccz. It has reports on both the restaurants you mention.

dr_m

pandemic

Prominent Member
If you like pizza you've gotta try out Lombardi's Pizza (apparently the 1st pizzaria in America), cooked in a coal oven.

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom