• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

New York City

J

Jonny1973

A few from my week in NYC at the end of August.

1. Lower Manhattan from Liberty Island (Circular Polarizer)
3972724100_49145d85cf.jpg

2. Chrysler Building
3971919953_7b9c06b92f.jpg

3. Liberty
3971964545_c336e9500e.jpg

4. The Sphere 9/11 Memorial
3971943521_aa69e6e625.jpg

5. "Ugly Betty" filming infront of the Flat Iron building.
3972742270_e6620554a8.jpg

6. Empire State
3972748426_5d18375c2b.jpg

7. Times Square from a jaunty angle.
3972690130_a8e92cefb3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Greg Hook

Moderator & Reviewer
I love New York. Hope you had an amazing time. Hoping to go back next year all being well.

Great photos, especially the first one.

nikonuser11

Distinguished Member
great photos, especially like the first one :smashin:

Hard to do Time square as everyone does it but I like that also:thumbsup:

J

Jonny1973

I love New York. Hope you had an amazing time. Hoping to go back next year all being well.

Great photos, especially the first one.

I love New York. I went for the first time in August last year for a week and then back again this year for another week, both trips were using my Tesco Clubcard points.

Never ever spend the Tesco vouchers in store, they are worth for times as much when used against a holiday. Over the last two years, I've saved £1,900 thanks to Tesco clubcard. Enough for a free New York holiday every couple of years or half price every year.

Next year I want to spend a week in Chicago. I've saved £400 worth of Tesco deal tokens so far since February. It should only cost me £500 in actual cash.

tonkie

Prominent Member
One of these days I will get to visit The Big Apple but until then I will have to rely on the photos that are posted here.

Nice set:thumbsup:

geniusworkin

Established Member
I love New York. I went for the first time in August last year for a week and then back again this year for another week, both trips were using my Tesco Clubcard points.

Never ever spend the Tesco vouchers in store, they are worth for times as much when used against a holiday. Over the last two years, I've saved £1,900 thanks to Tesco clubcard. Enough for a free New York holiday every couple of years or half price every year.

Next year I want to spend a week in Chicago. I've saved £400 worth of Tesco deal tokens so far since February. It should only cost me £500 in actual cash.

interesting, how does that work?

great pictures by the way,

Last one is my favourite.

gw

J

Jonny1973

interesting, how does that work?

great pictures by the way,

Last one is my favourite.

gw

Sign up for a Tesco clubcard then do your all your grocery shopping at Tesco. Get your petrol from Tesco. Get a Tesco finance credit card then use that absolutely everywhere (not just in Tesco), never use cash.

Each quarter Tesco send you vouchers to spend in store or you can quadruple the value if you spend them on rewards (like holidays etc). Its a no brainer, last year I could have had £180 to spend in store or £720 off a holiday with Virgin Holidays. :smashin:

http://www.tesco.com/clubcard/deals/

There are sites on the internet that list codes for bonus points too and Tesco sometimes issue coupons for extra points.

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom