*** New Year's Resolutions ***

jp_bl_68

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I thought I'd post my New Year's Resolution idea. Feel free to post your own :smashin:
(I did a quick search and couldn't see a similar thread, apologies if I missed it)

My New Year's Resolution idea is to try at least one new exciting/exhilarating/terrifying thing every month for the next year. Hopefully this will make 2012 a year to remember.

Therefore I'm in need of at least 12 activities. So far the only activity I'm sure of is sky diving as I've wanted to do it for ages but kept putting it off. If possible I'd also like to try swimming with sharks and perhaps some kind of public performance (maybe stand-up at an open mic night or playing in a band).

If anyone's got any other ideas of activities I could try please let me know :thumbsup:

So, have you given any thought to your New Year's Resolution(s)?

Mine is to save the world from ending on December the 21st.

Don't ask me how!
Just know that if we see the 22nd, I have succeeded and you can thank me then :thumbsup:

White water rafting? there quite a few locations in the UK, so you won't need to travel that far :thumbsup:

Exciting/exhilarating/terrifying terrifying thing suggestsion: Asking for a massive payrise (with justifcations of course).

Iccz said:
Mine is to save the world from ending on December the 21st.

Don't ask me how!
Just know that if we see the 22nd, I have succeeded and you can thank me then :thumbsup:

Is that 2011 or 2012?

Just want to know if it's worth going to work for the next 10 days, if it's 2012 I guess I'll have too!

Is that 2011 or 2012?

Just want to know if it's worth going to work for the next 10 days, if it's 2012 I guess I'll have too!

2012 I'm afraid.

Also, I will not fail! So I would carry on going next year too :D

I'll post mine:

1. Get below 10% body fat
2. Do a freefall parachute jump
3. Visit at least 1 none European country
4. Gain a scuba diving qualification
5. Finish my marketing qualification

OP, here are some ideas:

Go Ape (easy peasy)
Rock climbing
Parachute Jump
Bungee Jump
Pot Holing
Cliff diving

Last edited:
2012 I'm afraid.

Also, I will not fail! So I would carry on going next year too :D

My pension is gonna suck in 2012 oh well and it will suck over the next 300 years I have to work.
:D

That's a good one. That definitely scares me but I'm sure I could do it. Thanks mates ;)

What exactly would going ape involve?

It's basically an assault course in a forrest. There are loads around the UK. You do things like big zip lines etc. I did it a couple of months ago, and I found it fairly good fun, but it I do rock climbing so it wasn't very nerve wracking. A good day out though :thumbsup:

Days Out at Go Ape | Outdoor Activities | Tree Top Adventure

Last edited:
tonyrees687 said:
My pension is gonna suck in 2012 oh well and it will suck over the next 300 years I have to work.
:D

Sounds like it would be better if Iccz did fail in his quest for saving the world!

How about a few gliding lessons? Or hang-gliding?

Eat out less...we probably only cook once a week and either dine out or eat take away on 6 nights. It's quite expensive. Bizarre thing is that we cook proper meals for the kids and then get something for ourselves after they have gone to bed.

Sounds like it would be better if Iccz did fail in his quest for saving the world!

Bugger Ive just taken out a 3 year warrenty on my new camera. Only wanted a few pics of the end of the world. Bet they make an excuse for not paying up.

tonyrees687 said:
Bugger Ive just taken out a 3 year warrenty on my new camera. Only wanted a few pics of the end of the world. Bet they make an excuse for not paying up.

They'll probably offer a refund, and send you out a post dated cheque, with the date of 23/12/2012 on it!

Fingers crossed, Iccz pulls one out the bag for us!

Fingers crossed, Iccz pulls one out the bag for us![/QUOTE]

Get buzy Iccz :thumbsup:

They'll probably offer a refund, and send you out a post dated cheque, with the date of 23/12/2012 on it!

Just wondering If the end of the world happened in a big bang. Should I have red eye reduction on my camera or just put it on auto

I think I should make mine losing some weight really, it's kind of piled on over the years since..... Well birth really!

Then I'd like to jump out of an aeroplane, will lose weight first tho as I might need to parachutes otherwise!

I think auto has to be the way to go really, not really sure how it's all gonna happen so best to be prepared for anything!

I will turn off the flash then

Eat out less...we probably only cook once a week and either dine out or eat take away on 6 nights..

:eek:

Does that not get really, really expensive? I dont eat out often enough, think the last time I did was back at the start of Nov :facepalm:. Spend to much time and money in the pub mind :)

I'd like to hike Caminito del Rey if it's still open to the public. Has anyone here been?

[ame="www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmDhRvvs5Xw"]El Camino del Rey [High Quality] - YouTube[/ame]

Mine is simple. To get the small warehouse agency job I'm 90% sure I will get which will start second week in January. Then with what little I will be earning I can start helping with the bills, save some for emergencies and put some aside to save up for a new laptop for my hubby which he wants and rightly deserves

Mine are to lose weight. Finish my second year of Uni. Stop smoking so much and hopefully quit (it's cliche I know but hey!) and finally me and a mate are talking about walking from Inverness to Fort William and finish the trip with a climb of Ben Nevis.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom