New Year's Eve Fireworks @ London Eye

jezzer256

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Anyone going? I'm thinking of taking the train there sometime in the morning and having a wander around London for the day, then watching the fireworks and getting the last train home to Brighton.

Did anyone go last year? Is this a good idea?! How busy will it be? Will there be enough room on the 1am train I plan on taking?

Oh, and what tube station should I get off? I mean, where's the best place to view the fireworks from?

And finally, does anyone know which tube stations will be open at around 00:30 when I need to get back to Victoria to catch the train?

Cheers people!

Jez

Sorry I cant help with your questions.

But im most likely going this year, afew of mates went last year said it was a good larth and had a good atmosphere.

Nearest tube is Waterloo

I was there last year and it was so packed that it took 2.5 hours to walk from the eye to waterloo station which is just a 5 minute walk away, you cant really take photos cause there are too many people, you cant hear what your friends are saying because of all the drunk people, it nice to go to once to see it but I wouldnt go again IMO.

Also generally the tubes run till about 03:00 on new years and the last overland is the same I think.

The human traffic is rediculous on new years around the tourist parts of london and transport it will take ages to get to and from stations, longer to get in and out and the trains will be packed so you will have a long wait down there on the underground. Good Luck.

I've been once and it was awful. Never, ever again will I go to London on New Years. You can't get anywhere near anything to see it properly, everything costs a fortune, wherever you look there's more and more people. I just found the whole experience truly horrible. Once was enough for me.

I'm going with my GF and her family, never been before and I know it will be packed that's why I was against it, but got persuaded, so we'll see how it is :thumbsup:

Hmm you lot have put me off a bit! And the fact that the last train only goes to Brighton which means a 15 mile cycle at 3 o clock in the morning!

I'm having second thoughts...

Jez

I'm going (hopefully) but am trying to find parking just outside where all the roads are closed, dont fancy queueing for 3hrs just to get into a station (which is what happened before)

I'm going (hopefully) but am trying to find parking just outside where all the roads are closed, dont fancy queueing for 3hrs just to get into a station (which is what happened before)
Yeah we're driving, my gf's family is local to London so know where to park :)
and we're driving from Kent.

I was contemplating going with the Mrs this year, but decided against it as I can see it being a nightmare. Some friends went last year and said you have no hope of a decent view unless you get there hours early. And if you do get there early and get a decent view, you'll be so jam-packed in that there is no chance of making a 1am train.

The other option I looked at was one of the cruises on the Thames that offers a meal and drinks and a good view from the water. Not cheap but would make a nice night.

Well chaps I'm here in my own house; nice and warm, plenty of food and drink, a nice tele and haven't spent a penny :D

I think I made the right choice :thumbsup:, although I will be watching it on TV.

Jez

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom