Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

new year project, please help

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by saulos_peters, Dec 24, 2003.

1. saulos_peters

saulos_peters

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    For the new year, i want to completely revolutionise my home entertainment system.

Through my projector i want to be able to watch TV, record tv, watch videos, dvds.

My idea is to build a cheap computer, put in it a good TV card, that'll allow me to watch and record off tele, and has a remote control etc... easy to use, my flat mates are computer illiterate u see. Also, i want to be able to link it up to cable(we have cable tv runnin through the house) I want to put in the computer a good dvd player/ recorder, to watch dvds and record onto from the tele. I'm not really sure how the vcr would be connected, maybe directly into the pj. This would be a dedicated computer to serve the projecvtopr only. I have another pc upstairs, but not sure how the distance would work, esp with a remote.

My only probelem is, is that i dont know how to do this. What do i buy, how to put it together. Is this a realistic solution.

I have £2000. The panasonic ae300 i think it was pj, (about £1200) looked quite good, leaves me with £800. please help me..

Thank you
    Saul.

2. saulos_peters

saulos_peters

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    and before i forget.

Merry xmas to u all, n have a wicked new year.

x

3. WeirdFish

WeirdFish

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Welcome & happy Xmas .

I think you'd be better off asking here, as it's dedicated to what you need.