New Year, New Start, New Room

paulmdenton

Established Member
Reaction score
Here goes. The new year has started, and i've had this new project in mind for a few months now. Just been waiting for the xmas decorations to come down. Then the snow.

The idea is to build a AV rack / consealed work station between my chimney breast and living room wall. Will post pics later.

Being a semi novice, i'm bricking it. lol.

Will be starting this project from this wednesday so will get the before pics up beofre then :thumbsup:

From This

P040110_122802-1.jpg

To This

frontroom.png

Well after a trip to Wicks, a lot of money and a car full of wood, The build begun. Only managed to get the frame up today, but came across a small problem. As i am having to build it free standing, full ceiling hight i have to slide it across to room to get it into the alcove. But when i get it lines up, it catches on the cable box where it comes into the house. So i'm thinking of moving this tomorrow so it will come into the house inside the unit.

Well here are the pics from today.

More tomorrow

S7300495.jpg

S7300496.jpg

S7300497.jpg

S7300498.jpg

S7300499.jpg

S7300501.jpg

S7300502.jpg

S7300504.jpg

S7300506.jpg

S7300508.jpg

Another busy day. and another trip to B&Q as i blew my drill.

I've finished the frame off now and fit it in the corner. i was 5mm out and had to trim off some. Better than being to short i suppose.

Managed to get the shelves cut and put inplace. Not screwed down as they need painting. probably get that done tomorrow along with doors and face pannels for the AV kit

Well here are the days pics

S7300509.jpg

S7300514.jpg

S7300513.jpg

S7300515.jpg

Looking good so far!

One question, the white painted cupboard bottom right, does that hold gas or elec meter? Cos the thought I had was you could knock that little cupboard front off and make nicer looking doors flush with the front of the shelves - may give a better look.

Just a thought.

Looking good so far!

One question, the white painted cupboard bottom right, does that hold gas or elec meter? Cos the thought I had was you could knock that little cupboard front off and make nicer looking doors flush with the front of the shelves - may give a better look.

Just a thought.

Its got the elec meter in it. I'm taking the doors off and building 2 small DVD racks on hinges in front so when you open the cupboard you see the DVD collection not the elec meter. But can still get to it :thumbsup:

Quick update shelves up, doors cut and half of them are hung. Tonight will be a sanding and priming session ready for the glossing tomorrow

S7300517.jpg

S7300518.jpg

S7300519.jpg

S7300520.jpg

Pauly,

"Another busy day. and another trip to B&Q as i blew my drill"

I dread to think what you did with your screwdriver then.

Thought you went to Wickes? :arty:

This looks fantastic, one of the best peices of work I've seen on these forums. I assume you're a professional joiner by the standard of your work. Your family must be so proud of you.

I'll be following this thread with interest and drooling at the prospect of seeing this sumptious room in all it's glory.

Reference work by a master tradesman - Well done! :clap:

thanks Andy & Ian. I'm sure you weren't being sarcastic were you? :rotfl:

Andy, i'll show you what happened to my screwdriver next week :eek:

Primer Dried and first gloss coat going on. Before you say anything, we are getting rid of the carpet aswell. So the gloss marks dont matter that much :clap:

S7300545.jpg

Primer Dried and first gloss coat going on. Before you say anything, we are getting rid of the carpet aswell. So the gloss marks dont matter that much :clap:

S7300545.jpg

mate she gona go nutz , when she sees you painted the cat lol

Everything is now in the unit, just the final coat of gloss to go on tonight.

S7300556.jpg

S7300553.jpg

S7300549.jpg

i have the same tv :smashin:

Its a great TV. :thumbsup:

Now i've left the Mrs sorting out all her stuff that i left all over the floor in the room. Could be tempted with a trip to the pub. but spent the afternoon collecting ebay goodies

"Its a great TV. :thumbsup:

Not a 50 is it champ!

Now i've left the Mrs sorting out all her stuff that i left all over the floor in the room. Could be tempted with a trip to the pub. but spent the afternoon collecting ebay goodies "

The pub!

Finished painting and moving the furniture around. Re-Wired the speakers.

So until i can think of something else to do. thats it for the moment

From this

P040110_122802.jpg

To This

P020210_1212.jpg

P020210_121201.jpg

Last edited:
Don't worry dude, I'll write to '60 Minute Makeover'. I'm sure they'll sort it out for you.!!:facepalm:
Thanks boss, i'm sure you should be on your way to work by now though :hiya:

i liked to do something similar to my room ...but a spirit level would be used..lol..

If your on about the frame of the unit. i came accross a small problem :facepalm: and had to do it like that. Or if you are on about the picture of of london that been sorted now

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom