new yamaha amp advice

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Graham, Jul 27, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Graham

Graham

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +676
    Hi

I've been looking at the discounted Yamaha rxa810 amp recently, as a replacement for my onkyo receiver (876) which is great but unfortunately takes up too much space in my AV rack which has caused me some worries about heat etc. Anyway, looking at a smaller amp that is still a quality bit of kit has led me to the rxa810. I know that people seem to really like the a1010 here but again it's a little on the large side. Do you think I would be better off getting the rxa810 or the new rxv773? I really like the idea of airplay on the new unit but I imagine that the aventage range is better constructed and get conflicting opinions on how necessary it is if you use the Yamaha avcontroller app. Do I really need it if I have the app? I'd be looking to stream audio from my PC (via wireless connection) and android / iPhone etc.

The rxa810 looks like a good deal discounted at the moment - can't go lower in the range as i need 2x HDMI outputs. I had considered the Onkyo 616 but I'm a bit concerned by some reports of HDMI out troubles in any another thread. Cheers.

PS can't change the rack due to it only being a small room.

Thanks in advance for any advice guys!