New Xbox Wireless Headset help...

adbailey18

Distinguished Member
Hi all,

I've picked up a pair of the new Xbox headset and for the price, very impressive!

Anyone else got them? Or anyone good with headset/audio in general?

I want to look at fine tuning the sound using the EQ, however I have minimal understanding of which does what!!

Also, I've had a Dolby Atmos license from my previous headset, so is it best to fine tune via the Dolby App or the Xbox Accessories App???

Could someone possibly explain what each frequency is controlling??

Or point me in the right direction :)

King Tones

Distinguished Member
Lots of new owners in here, me included.

I just followed @WhiteHartMart suggestions

adbailey18

Distinguished Member
@WhiteHartMart Hi mate, hope you don't mind the tag, just want to keep the focus on this headset make it simple for myself :p

These settings you've posted;

125 -8
250 -2
1k -2
4k -1
8k -2

Are they done in the dolby app or the xbox accessories one? Also the minus numbers, are they clicks down on each one?

WhiteHartMart

Distinguished Member
@WhiteHartMart Hi mate, hope you don't mind the tag, just want to keep the focus on this headset make it simple for myself :p

These settings you've posted;

125 -8
250 -2
1k -2
4k -1
8k -2

Are they done in the dolby app or the xbox accessories one? Also the minus numbers, are they clicks down on each one?

I used the Accessories app. Each line on the scales is 2 from memory and yea, the minus numbers are clicks down on the scale.

Its all about experimenting with different settings to suit you really so just use those as a starting point.

I've tried a couple of other eq setups which I posted in the other thread here:-

adbailey18

Distinguished Member
Thanks for the reply, appreciated.

I will give them a try and see how it goes.

Do I just leave the Dolby app settings to default? Or is it best to uninstall it?

Don you have a rough idea on which scale affects what type of sounds?

As a complete novice it would be better if the app gave some kind of explanation of what your adjusting!

WhiteHartMart

Distinguished Member
Thanks for the reply, appreciated.

I will give them a try and see how it goes.

Do I just leave the Dolby app settings to default? Or is it best to uninstall it?

Don you have a rough idea on which scale affects what type of sounds?

As a complete novice it would be better if the app gave some kind of explanation of what your adjusting!

I have the Dolby app on performance.

The scales start with the bass/lower frequencies on the left and work across to the mids and higher/treble frequencies on the right.

adbailey18

Distinguished Member
OK ta, will have a proper play around with them later tonight

mcaldara

Novice Member
Hi guys, i've just received the headset, but i can't manage two audio input with my earpad, the left dosen't work. Does anybody have this headset?

The latest video from AVForums

Oculus Quest 2 VR headset + Rotel A14 MkII Amp Reviews & Best of the Month
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom