New xbox 360 magazine

Miyazaki

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got the unofficial x360 magazine today with free dvd. £4 and a total waste of money. Got the offical xbox magazine a couple of times, and thought i'd give the new one a chance. Typical fanboy drivel however and a waste of money. The free dvd is crap and offers nothing that a quick google search wouldn't unearth.

X360.

What is AAMOI?

:thumbsup:

The only mag that offers any kind of value for money IMO is GamesTM, multiformat and only £2.00 per issue if you subscribe. All the others are a waste :thumbsdow

I'll go with Tetlee, Games TM is the only mag I bother with.

Er, and Edge...? Edge still has by far the most critically astute reviews IMHO. I subscribe to both Edge and GTM but I enjoy the writing style more in Edge to be honest. Let the flaming commence!

made the mistake of posting that the core system came with an ethernet cable as stated in X360 page 19, think that confirms how crap the mag is.
Dont even know the product that they are basing the content on.

Lorenzini said:
Er, and Edge...? Edge still has by far the most critically astute reviews IMHO. I subscribe to both Edge and GTM but I enjoy the writing style more in Edge to be honest.

I haven't bought a format specific mag for years, the only reason I used to buy them was for the demo's but don't even bother with that nowadays.

I used to subscribe to both Edge & Games TM but found something lacking in Games TM after a while. I now only subscribe to Edge, it has everything I need in a mag and like the way it is catered for a more mature gamer.

Lorenzini said:
Er, and Edge...? Edge still has by far the most critically astute reviews IMHO. I subscribe to both Edge and GTM but I enjoy the writing style more in Edge to be honest. Let the flaming commence!

I agree that edge is a good read, but in their reviews they always come accross as being so far up thier own :censored: that unless the game they are reviewing is 'genre-defining' or 'groundbreaking' then the game only receives a modest score. So for me it has to be GamesTM as the games magazine to read

just like to say thanks to my loacl whsmith who never ask me to buy the magaznie after i've stood a read it for an hour!

i had a subscription to gamestm but found it to be too far behind. Games would be relesead before they were reviewed in the magazine.

GamesTM will always superceed the likes of Edge. Edge is a crap read ... yes they are seriously far up thier own arses. I have spent years speaking to people in the industry about both magazines and not only has gamesTM outstripped edge in the recent MCV awards but it is truley the best unoffical multiformat on the market. I have even spoken to people who used to work for Future Publishing on edge magazine who think they are up their own arses. Edge is as close to being a trade press as it can get .......... but the only reason the ABC's don't budge is because their sales figures are made up of subs based sales.

The remark about the new 360 mag is an interesting one ..... if it is the one published by imagine ....... the editor of that magazine is the guy who just won the 2005 mcv award for the best editorial with gamesTM.

PooonTang said:
I agree that edge is a good read, but in their reviews they always come accross as being so far up thier own :censored: that unless the game they are reviewing is 'genre-defining' or 'groundbreaking' then the game only receives a modest score. So for me it has to be GamesTM as the games magazine to read

just like to say thanks to my loacl whsmith who never ask me to buy the magaznie after i've stood a read it for an hour!
How cheap are you? ;) You've fallen into the trap of bringing up the scores! Edge do like to leave themselves some room to give a genre-defining game a higher score than others, and there's nothing wrong with that. The problem is that people seem to think that 7 is an average score, whereas it should be well above average...

i extract the steam from ****, thats i cheap i am!

Ahh the reviewing system.

We have this one....

It’s a simple idea. Scores are based on how much we feel a game will appeal to a Jaded Gamer. Not the average gamer. Scores will seem harsh but thats how we feel.

So we have the following scores and their general meanings. Reviews will try and explain scores in more detail.

10 – Stunning. Ground breaking in it’s class with lot’s of fresh idea’s married up with stunning gameplay and a gripping storyline. A must buy. Expect to see about one of these, every 2 years.

9 – Very good. A strong candidate for a purchase. Amazing in every way. Probably just lacking in a few certain area's. Again a very rare score.

8 – Good. Possibly worth a purchase but we advise checking the demo out first.

7 - Might appeal if you absolutely love the genre. You were warned.

0 – Don’t bother. Go and do something more entertaining instead. Paint a room, chew your fingernails, take up origami. Anything would be more entertaining than this game. It’s crap.

So what happened to the rest of the scores? What’s the point? What’s the point in giving a game a 3 or a 6? What the fook does that mean? It doesn’t appeal to us. A pity score? Pfft. Were scoring for the seriously unimpressed here. If it’s not worth buying to us, it doesn’t merit a score.

:p

I paid £5 for the first 3 issues of X-360, and while the dvd was nothing to write home about, I thought the mag content was pretty good on the whole. Better than the official mag anyway. Plus most mags cost £4 without a dvd.

i thought the mag was ok and i probably will buy the next one when it comes out just to have a look at the stuff on the dvd. Its out on the 29th i think.

X-360. The 2nd issues out on the 28th or 29th of this month I believe. TBH, I don't generally buy single format mags unless they come with a demo disc. Just thought 3 issues for £5 was worth a look. Will get myself a sub to Official 360 mag before the 2nd issue issues out 18th nov.

Lorenzini said:
How cheap are you? ;) You've fallen into the trap of bringing up the scores! Edge do like to leave themselves some room to give a genre-defining game a higher score than others, and there's nothing wrong with that. The problem is that people seem to think that 7 is an average score, whereas it should be well above average...

That's one of the reasons I prefer Edge, they use the 1 - 10 scale for what it was initially suppose to mean, where a 5 is an average score and does not mean the game is utter tripe. I hate inflated scores because they negate the point of reading reviews, i.e. to figure out if a game is worth buying or not. I also like Edge for their articles and features which are unmatched. GamesTM is my second favourite tho, I must say and the dedicated retro section is very much appreciated.

captaineyecatch said:
Theres a Good sub offer for the official 360 mag around at the moment 3 issues for £6, then normal direct debit every quarter. You can cancell any time etc etc.
I've signed up as the demo discs will be useful.

Hmm, think I might take up that subscription, £2.00 per issue with the demo disk(should be some playables soon I'm guesing?) sounds pretty good!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom