New X-Fi Titanium Fatality vs Auzen Prelude X-Fi

Cyne

Standard Member
Reaction score
Greetings,

I've been looking to upgrade from my Audigy 2 ZS for quite some time, and I'm torn between the two cards in the title of this thread. I was told the Auzentech card is better and has features like Dolby Digtal Live which can convert ANY (including Analog input) audio signal into a Digital stream, real-time, on the fly. All the technical specs of these soundscards are still fairly new to me, so I'm not completely sure what it al means. So, if somebody can share some in-depth info about the features, specs and such, it would be immensely appreciated. I'd like to once and for all acquire a better understanding of it all.

Thanks!

Cyne

What are you using the audigy for?, gaming, music, movies?..

What do you have the soundcard connected to?, amp or pc speakers?..

What most people don't understand is the dolby digital live encoding is lossy, just like the mp3 vs. wav debate...

If your gaming and listening to movies then i'd stick with analogue outs of the soundcard...

Currently, I use my Audigy 2ZS for Movies, Games and Music. I'm an Enthusaist, so I Multitask all the time and play High-end Games like Crysis and watch Movies (and soon to be Bluray movies) on my comp. I also listen to a lot of music (mainly mp3).

My soundcard is connected to my Logitech Z-5500 5.1 surround speaker set.

I'm still trying to understand how Dolby Digital Live & DTS decoding/encoding works, like sound quality and such over my current analog setup, as well as more technical information regarding them such as how they work and what they work with in terms of applications (ie: I read that the Auzentech Prelude X-fi can turn any signal including analog inputs into a digital stream using DTS or whichever).

Any help is appreciated.

-Cyne

I had the same card and speakers, sound great with the analogue outs, i'd keep the same setup, just replace the card if you want with the new creative/prelude, stick to analogue outs, 300 Bluray's LPCM soundtrack will leave you with shivers!!!...

how the encoding works is it takes the multichannel pcm audio from your soundcard and converts it to a compressed digital multichannel stream..., it's lossy, pointless unless you want to sacrifice sound quality for the point of using a single cable to your sound system... for the lazy people really...

how the encoding works is it takes the multichannel pcm audio from your soundcard and converts it to a compressed digital multichannel stream..., it's lossy, pointless unless you want to sacrifice sound quality for the point of using a single cable to your sound system... for the lazy people really...

Or say for going to an amp that does'nt have analogue inputs provided perhaps, taking any multichannel source and reencoding it to DD core or DTS is'nt what I'd call useless and for some people and some setups it'd be a lot better than being stuck with stereo being converted to PLII at the amp. Just because you can't think of a use for a feature does not make it 'pointless'.

Right now I run an SB Audigy 2ZS connected to a Logitech Z-5500 5.1 system. I've been looking at the Auzentech HDA Xplosion and the Auzentech Prelude X-fi 7.1 (and perhaps the new Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatalisty), which have Dolby Digital Live AND DTS Connect that converts any 2ch analog stream into a 5.1 digital compressed bitstream. Would this be better than just using the standard Analog cables? If someone can explain how it all works and what would be best in more detail, that would be great as well as which of the two, DDL & DTS, is better.

I play games, watch movies and listen to music, so taking that into consideration as well. Also, my Logitech Z-5500 has Dolby Digital and DTS hardware decoding (DD Pro Logic 2 and DTS 96/24). Dpes this mean the new DDL and DTS versions aren't supported or? Would finally like to understand all this.

Cyne

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom