New X box live Account, Help required

Adge13

I wonder if anyone can help me ?
My son got for Xmas X box Live 12 month gold Membership brought from a shop . He has not got an account with X box live yet so we went to sign up by using the on screen instructions and it asks me for MY Credit Card details !!!
The question is why do they want MY CC details if I have got a pre paid card?
My son might not want it after 12 months?
If he does then we can by another pre paid card .
Do I really need to put these details in ?

Hope someone can help me ?

DJSigma

Banned
It's been a while since I did it, but I think you go into Account Management - Memberships and somewhere in there is a Redeem Code option.

You get a free 1 month trial of Xbox Live Gold with a new 360 BTW. 3 of them in fact, although each one has to be used with a different gamertag. When you sign up for the gamertag, you say no to paying for Live Gold and right at the end of the sign up process it will say you're eligible for a 1 month trial. If you take that and then redeem the code for the 12 month card, it gets added on the end, so your son will have 13 months of Gold membership. I'm not sure if you can do that without using a credit/debit card though, but you can definitely redeem the code without one.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom